Video marketing helps to sell homes, showcase your area, attract new clients and market your services. Visual marketing is currency online. Although a lot of work goes into making a video, it is worth it. 73% of homeowners are more likely to list with an agent who uses video, but only 9% of agents actually do it. As an agent, you will want to make the best real estate marketing videos.
In 2019, video was the #1 form of media used in content strategy.
Keep these stats in mind if you do choose to use video marketing in your real estate business:
- 83% of consumers prefer YouTube to watch content.
- 73% of consumers prefer seeing videos on social media that are entertaining.
- Videos under 90 seconds see an average retention rate of 53%, but those that are longer than 30 minutes only see a 10% retention rate.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine results pages.
3 Great Tips for Making Great Videos
- Chase Connections, Not Perfections
You don’t have to make an Oscar-worth video – your goal isn’t to be the next Stephen Spielberg but to connect. By focusing on your content instead of being too flashy, you will connect with your audience and reach more potential clients.
- Be Prepared
Think of the videos as you would your blog posts. Build a content calendar that lays out what you plan on sharing and when. You may think that you will be able to “wing it” once the camera is on, but it is best to have a loose script. That way you save time when you press record.
- Create the Content That Clients Want
It is up to you to create a variety of content to appeal to all different types of potential clients. Content can fit a variety of categories:
- Funny: Making funny videos can help you stand out from the competition. It can show that you are friendly, trustworthy, and engaging.
- Entertaining: The world around us is serious enough – we could all use a little bit of light entertainment. Potential clients will be endeared to the fact that you can appreciate the lighter side.
- Inspiring: Creating inspiring content shows potential clients that you care about your community and about the residents who live there.
- Animated: Animated videos are one of the most overlooked tools for marketing. They can convey the message you are trying to share quickly and powerfully.
- Live: Live video is a game-changer for several reasons – you can create a strong relationship with your followers and reach a broader audience. Your audience can access valuable information immediately. You are also able to interact in real time with your audience which helps to build stronger connections.
- AMA: Ask Me Anything videos have become a popular format for video marketing. You can set up your AMA as a live video, but that runs the risk of being unpredictable. Or you can choose to use some of your previous content or questions and pre-plan your AMA.
- Useful: By being purposeful in what you share, your viewers will get a lot of value out of your videos. Put the work in and you will see it pay off.
You could also consider using a platform like Parkbench to display all your great videos. Parkbench is a lead and referral-generating platform that partners with you (1 agent per area). It also teaches you how to connect with local business owners and influencers while creating highly engaging video content unique to you. They’ll then teach you how to turn these community connections into clients and referrals.
Bonus Tip to Make the Best Real Estate Marketing Videos
Utilize Unique Assets: We all have unique aspects of our lives. By using those aspects
as material, potential clients will trust you. For example, maybe your dog has some super awesome tricks – it’s time for a mascot!
By making the best real estate marketing videos potential clients will feel a connection even before your first meeting. Video interviews with local business owners are a great way to make connections. Find out more about the business owners and influencers you should meet in your community: