While essential to your busy real estate business, social media marketing can be draining. While many real estate agents see the benefits, you may be wondering how you can put yourself out there, build solid relationships and sell real estate, all at the same time. Consider this a guide for social media marketing made easy.
Why Is Social Media Marketing So Hard?
It should be easy – post a few pictures and clever one-liners – but social media marketing is so much more. These factors make it difficult:
- Time: Posting and continuously coming up with new content for your various social media platforms takes time. And when you already feel stretched thin, it can feel like a never-ending task.
- Quantity: Experts recommend you post on social media at least once a day to stay current. It can be hard to come up with enough fresh content to keep engagement levels high.
- Work-life Balance: A recent study recommends adults spend no more than 3 hours per day in front of a screen. It can be difficult to keep to that target, especially as a busy agent who relies on their devices for all communication. We know you don’t want to be tied to your cell phone even more than you already are. Maintaining a work-life balance is difficult for all of us.
Is It Even Worth It?
- 73% of marketers believe their efforts through social media marketing have been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business.
- Social media is the most relevant advertising channel for 50% of Gen Z and 42% of millennials.
- 71% of consumers who’ve had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend the brand to others.
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products.
4 Tips for Social Media Marketing Made Easy
Although it does take time and effort, we have established that the cost of not using social media marketing is greater than the cost of using it. Use these tips to help you make social media marketing easy and seamless:
- Use Editorial Calendars: Using an editorial calendar (or ed cal) will allow you to plan your topics, hashtags, and relevant pictures or videos. Ed cals allow you to execute your real estate marketing plan. They’re also beneficial if you are part of a real estate team because you will all be on the same page about the type of content that is being shared on your platforms.
BONUS: You won’t be scrambling at the last minute trying to think of something clever to share!
- Reuse Content: You don’t have to come up with new ideas every time you post. Look back at content that was popular on your various platforms and update it (put a new picture or video, or link to a new blog post).
BONUS: Reusing past content will help you to expose new followers to the awesome information you blogged about last year!
- Schedule Content: Content calendars are online tools that allow you to schedule out pieces of content you’ll post across all social media platforms for the month, week, and day, and even sometimes the time of day. Using them will help with consistency and continuity.
BONUS: Scheduling content means that you will have more time for what matters – hello work-life balance!
- Collect Information on Your Community: To make content creation easier, have a working document available where you compile information on your community. That way you will be able to easily highlight and feature these on your various social media platforms.
BONUS: When your community members see how much you care, they will want to connect with you.
Social Media Marketing: You Can’t Afford to Miss Out!
If you are interested in finding out more about how you can combine your love for your community with your social media marketing plan, check out Parkbench’s Crack the Code System. It can help you pivot away from costly lead gen on your way towards a real estate career that puts your community first.