As a real estate agent, you have many different marketing channels to think about. Social media marketing is probably high on the list, but what about your social media bio? Have you taken the time to craft the perfect Instagram bio?
Instagram provides 150 characters to tell the world about yourself. Although it’s not much space, you can still tell people what you do, how you can help them, where to find you, and what makes you unique. Our team at Become a Local Leader® put together this guide with tips and ideas for Instagram bio ideas for real estate agents. Let’s dive in!
What Should You Include in Your Bio?
You’re unique, and your Instagram bio should also be unique. However, you can’t write out your entire life story in 150 characters or less. This means you must whittle down the information and only include the essentials.
Real estate agent Instagram accounts are crucial to success in the industry. You’ll want to manage them effectively to put your best foot forward and increase brand awareness. With this in mind, consider answering the following questions in your bio:
- What is your profession? Right off the bat, you should identify that you are a real estate agent. Be as specific as possible. You don’t want to confuse users who visit your account.
- Where do you offer services? The best realtor Instagram bios include information about the geographical area they serve. You could write something as simple as “New Orleans Realtor” or “NYC Real Estate Agent.”
- Why do clients choose you? This is your opportunity to toot your own horn and let others know why you stand out from the crowd. You can include your value proposition or mission statement.
- Who are you as a person? You don’t need to make your bio all about business. Adding something about your personal life helps build trust and show your authenticity. Examples for this section include “Dog Mom” and “Coffee Connoisseur.”
- How can someone get in touch with you? At the end of every bio, you should include your contact information. Put in your phone number, email address, or personal website or landing page, and encourage visitors to get in touch.
Other Instagram bio ideas for real estate agents include using hashtags. If your real estate company or team has a tagline, drop it as a hashtag in your bio. You can also add it to all your social media posts and as a tag in blog posts.
Instagram Bio Template Ideas for Realtors
Are you having trouble visualizing your Instagram bio? You’re not alone. Many people struggle to craft social media bios that are concise, personable, informative, and eye-catching. That’s where a template comes in extremely handy.
Here is one example template you can use to design your Instagram bio:
- Jane Doe
- #1 Realtor in Pittsburgh, PA
- Go Steelers!
- (123) 456-7890
- Go to yourwebsite.com for the best Pittsburgh listings
If that framework doesn’t quite match your style, you have options. Here’s another excellent template you could use as a starting point:
- John Smith | EZ Realtors
- Charlotte Real Estate
- MIT Alumnus
5 Tips for Crafting the Perfect Instagram Bio
Our Instagram bio ideas for real estate agents can help boost your brand awareness and attract ideal clients. Your bio is the first thing potential clients will see, so you want it to be superb. As you consider what information to include and how to word it, you should keep a few tips in mind.
1. Target a Specific Audience
You cannot be all things to all people. It’s much better to focus on what matters most to your customers and why you’re the best choice. For example, if you specialize in residential real estate, put that in your bio so that commercial property buyers or sellers don’t contact you.
2. Be Clear and Specific
When it comes to your real estate agent’s Instagram bio, don’t just say, “I’m a real estate agent.” Instead, be specific and share with your followers what you do. Including your service region and what makes you different from other realtors.
Use clear language to inform people about yourself and your business. Use specific language to show that you offer excellent solutions to a client’s unique needs. If you stay generic, you risk getting overlooked.
3. Stay Confident but Humble
Your social media accounts reflect who you are both as a real estate professional and a person. Including all your credentials and awards in your Instagram bio may help establish confidence and demonstrate your industry expertise. However, you don’t want to go overboard and appear arrogant or self-important.
We recommend adding a sentence that describes what you do best, such as “Helping buyers find their dream home and sellers get top dollar for their property.” Then mention a few other areas of expertise, like the following:
- Commercial real estate
- Homes in renovation
- Homes for growing families
4. Use Emojis
A picture is worth a thousand words, and your Instagram bio only has room for about 30. That’s where emojis come into play. Emojis can help your bio pop and convey an entire sentence in a single image.
You might think that emojis are unprofessional, but some of the most successful real estate agents include them in their Instagram bio. Often, emojis help demonstrate professionalism with a personal touch.
5. Get a Good Profile Pic
Your profile pic is a vital part of your Instagram bio, too. You’ll want to choose a high-quality photo of yourself, your real estate team, or you and your family to convey professionalism and personability. It’s one more practical, effective way to connect with your followers.
Boost Your Real Estate Business Today
At Become a Local Leader, we provide free resources to help real estate agents, teams, and brokerages achieve their business goals. Social media marketing can be challenging, but we know what it takes with the best Instagram bio ideas for real estate agents and Instagram post ideas for real estate. Subscribe to our newsletter today!