Because you don’t work a 9-5 job you might not even know when the end of your day is. After a long session at work, you need to be energized so you can keep connecting with your community.
Try some of these tips to beat the afternoon slump.
- Get Outside: Inhaling fresh air helps clear your lungs and enables you to take deeper, longer breaths of air — which increases the oxygen, which translates to greater energy and clarity of mind. By getting outside into the fresh air, you will reserve your brainpower for those exciting deals you are about to close.
- Exercise: Whether it is some stretches or a quick yoga class online, getting up and away from your desk for exercise is a good way to get some energy. It’s also good for your mental health. Work-related stress causes 120,000 deaths and results in $190 billion in healthcare costs yearly in the United States. Introducing a variety of exercise routines into your day will help you deal with any stress or anxiety.
- Embrace Hydration: While it is easy to reach for the coffee, it is best to reach for something without caffeine as you head into your afternoon. Drinking coffee late in the day can interrupt the production of melatonin, which is the hormone that lets us sleep at night. The last thing you need in the morning is to feel groggy and tired. So, instead of brewing yourself a cup of joe, replace that with a cup of water.
- Essential Oils: There are a variety of essential oils that can boost energy levels. For example, peppermint oil has been known to have mood-elevating and stress-relieving properties. So whether you choose to diffuse, or just rub the oils on your hands and breathe them in, give oils a try! (Peppermint oil also works wonders for those annoying tension headaches.)
- Fresh Herbs: Rosemary has a large effect on daily energy. The aroma of rosemary can actually improve both memory and focus. Consider having a rosemary plant on your desk, since fresh greens brighten everyone’s day (plus they are hard to kill!)!
- Get More Sleep: In order to prevent getting tired mid-day, be sure to get a good night’s sleep. It is recommended that we should get between 7 and 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night in order to ensure maximum benefits for the next day. So put away the cell phone and enjoy your slumber.
- Enjoy Your Community: As an agent who cares about their community, consider going for a walk around the neighborhood to say hello. By visiting the establishments and shops in your area, you will continue to put yourself top of mind as a caring agent.
The Best Way to Beat the Afternoon Slump Is to Shine in Your Community
Do you need help getting out there in your community? Parkbench is a platform that helps connect real estate agents with the people in their community. By showing your community how much you care, you will be the first person they think of when they are looking for a real estate agent.