LinkedIn has taken the professional world by storm. One of the top reasons professionals are flocking to LinkedIn is because your profile will show up at the top of Google searches. A study conducted by Gravitate Online found more than 94% of users clicked on the first page! That means when someone googles you, and your LinkedIn profile shows up at the top of the search, you’ll get more views.
With over 500 million professional profiles, LinkedIn is one of the most powerful professional networking platforms for real estate agents. Here are 5 quick LinkedIn tips to generate home buyer and seller leads.
1. Optimize your profile as a sales page
Your LinkedIn profile can be a powerful lead generation and sales tool that can generate traffic to your website.
When someone views your profile, you’ve only got one chance for a great first impression before they form an opinion about you. You need to grab their attention as someone they want to do business with. Here are some ways to improve your LinkedIn profile:
- Professional profile picture: Uploading a photo to your profile increases the chances of your profile being viewed by 14 times. You don’t necessarily need a formal headshot by a professional photographer, but it needs to be a clean, clear, and current photo that is sized properly.
- Craft a killer headline that stands out: The headline is the most valuable portions of your profile and one of the first things that anyone sees or reads. Powerful headlines tell a short story, show the value that you can offer to potential clients, and include a call to action.
- Write a compelling summary/experience section: Use your summary and experience to show clients why they should work with you. This is the perfect place to start building a rapport and position yourself as a trusted resource.
- Get recommendations: People are far more likely to trust you as a real estate agent if you’ve been recommended to them and have excellent reviews.
2. Join relevant groups
Similarly to other social networks, your LinkedIn feed will populate with news updates from your connections, your groups, and your company, which helps you keep tabs on real estate trends and reports. It also provides you with the option to join relevant groups. Search for relevant real estate and local groups to start engaging with posts and members.
Actively participating in LinkedIn groups can help boost you and your business network and help you connect with your ideal client base. Share local content that the group network will find interesting and valuable. Here are some tips for being a valuable member of a group:
- Encourage engagement
- Ask questions
- Pay attention to the ongoing conversations
- Stay on topic
- Offer relevant news updates and avoid blasting sales posts
3. Reach your target audience with LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn is an exceptional platform for creating targeted ads that reach the particular demographics of homebuyers in your area. Launching a LinkedIn ad campaign targeted to a specific audience is the perfect way to expand your client network.
When writing your ad copy, avoid direct sales approaches. Instead, offer tips for first-time buyers, information about the local area, or home improvement tips to increase their property value. When you offer customized services and relevant content to a very specific audience, it’s like starting a conversation that will cement their trust and loyalty in you and your brand.
4. Use a LinkedIn prospecting tool
As the go-to professional platform for building your network and connecting with prospective clients, the right tools are key. Here are a few prospecting tools we recommend:
- LeadFuze: considered one of the top all-in-one LinkedIn lead generation tools for real estate agents, LeadFuze creates a list of leads and target accounts. From there, it can be set-up to automatically send personalized emails and follow-ups.
- Salestools.io: this tool will download lead lists from LinkedIn to Excel and includes a feature that helps you efficiently personalize outreach messages.
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator: with its advanced algorithm, LinkedIn Sales Navigator will find prospects that are best aligned with your business model.
At the end of the day, any of these lead generation tools will help you find homeowners or residents in your area, which you can then send bulk messages via LinkedIn.
5. Get LinkedIn Premium
LinkedIn Premium offers tons of benefits, which is definitely worth the investment. Here are a few of the features and how they will benefit your real estate business.
- It extends your network access, which removes the search limitations. This way, you can use LinkedIn’s Advanced Search to find and connect with prospective clients.
- It includes InMail, which allows you to send a message directly to someone you are not connected with.
- Find out who’s been looking at your profile, and follow-up with them.
- Open Profile makes it easier for any LinkedIn member to you send you a message. With Open Profile, a highlighted box below your profile card, at the top of your LinkedIn profile will be visible to everyone.
As this virtual professional network has evolved into the number one professional networking site, it’s more important than ever to optimize your LinkedIn profile.